Thursday 17 March 2016

St Patrick Day!

Good Afternoon,

Happy St Patricks Day to you all!

Well I am sure Hubbie will enjoy a pint of Guinness tonight to celebrate, he is not Irish but my granddad was, he passed away when I was about 2 years old.  He was part of the Sheedy family from Fethard in Southern Ireland.

The stories about him are talked about often when my mum, sister and me get together....he did like a drink that's for sure!
He came over to London when he was young and worked as a barman in local pub the Heber Arms in East Dulwich where he met my Nan who used to play the piano in there.

I don't think her family was too happy when they married but their marriage stood the test of time though the war and beyond.  They had my mum and her brother.  Her brother sadly died in a motorbike accident before she married my dad, so I never got the chance to meet him.

I am thinking of my granddad and uncle today and will raise a glass to him tonight!

I have never been to Ireland but hope to one day, to see where my family came from, I hear it's very nice.

Image result for shamrock


So hope you have a very nice day, and it's Friday tomorrow = Yay!

Mxx

No comments:

Post a Comment