Tuesday 14 October 2014

Monday Night Baking - Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes!

So after a busy day at to work, I decided that I would bake something when I got home, think it's a kind of regaining control thing??? my kind of therapy

As a friend of mine got me some Pumpkin Puree ( in a tin), I thought I would give it a go, as I normally steam the fresh pumpkin flesh, drain though sieve etc, but as time was in short supply also, the tin came out of the cupboard....

And I have to say it did cut down the process alot, As I now have to be Gluten Free, I changed the recipe to use Dove Farm Gluten Free SR flour, So recipe:

Makes 12 - 15 cupcakes

Pre heat oven 180c
110g Butter
220g Light or Dark brown soft sugar
2 eggs
100g Pumpkin Puree
225g SR flour (doesn't have to be Gluten free)
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
125ml Buttermilk or 120ml Milk and add 2tsp of lemon juice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Cream butter and sugar together, add pumpkin puree and vanilla extract beat again
Add 1 egg at time and beat,
Add spices to flour, beat in 1/3 flour mix and then beat in 1/3 Buttermilk
until all is added
divide between cupcake cases
bake for 20 mins check if still wet bake another 5 mins

Ice with buttercream mixed with Cinnamon and decorate as you desire..
Here are mine
Little pickle enjoyed decorating them and eating them :))

Enjoy!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment