Friday 5 December 2014

Five on Friday


Hello,

This is my first Five on Friday post, thanks to Amy from Love Made My Home, for getting us started.

So as the Festive season is upon us I thought my Five on Friday would be about my 5 favourite Christmas things..

1. My Advent Candle





This has been a family tradition since I was a little girl and is now something that little pickle really looks forward too.


2. Christmas Trees

I just love Christmas Trees, when I was little we always had a real one, but for the last few years due to the cost of real trees we went for this one, which I think loves great decorated.






However this year due to Mittens the kitten!, we have had brought a real potted one, to put all the delicate decorations on to avoid them being attacked! (it's placed upstairs out of kitten reach)



PS Little Pickle Decorated this one all by herself


3. Christmas baking

Well where do I start - the cake, the puddings, chocolates, gingerbread and so the list grows, I love the smell of the spices in the bakes travelling though the house, Here are my puddings all done and and ready for Christmas.








4. Christmas Carols/Sings

Well the stash of Christmas CD's are out and are already playing in our house, I enjoy mixing the old carols with the new more modern day music, As pickle is performing in the school choir, we are having lots of Silent Night, Let it snow, let it snow and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on repeat play on the CD player.






5.Christmas Craft Projects

This has only been a favourite over the last couple of years, since discovering my more creative side, I have real enjoyed making gifts and decorations this year, and am hoping to get everything finished in time.
Here are just a couple of the project photos.








I am joining in Five on Friday, taking five minutes from our day to enjoy five things.  Please go and visit the other people who are also blogging about Five on Friday this week

Amy from Love Made My Home
Wendy from September Violets
Jane from The Maple Syrup Mob
Leanne from Today's Stuff
Janet from Macque

Thanks for visiting.
MX

No comments:

Post a Comment